Weather and Lightning Policy
- Athletics will make a decision by no later than 1:00pm in terms of cancellations for soccer, baseball, flag, softball and XC.
- Plan on playing on your scheduled day and make sure your teams bring their uniforms despite the weather forecast. Colorado weather changes so quickly and the fields may be playable by 3:45pm.
- The grounds crew will be out early to assess your playing fields and determine if we can get them ready based on their conditions. City fields are determined by Parks and Rec.
- Here is the rule from the National Federation of State High School Associations:
- A. A 30-second or less flash-to-bang count calls for removal of the athletes from the field to an appropriate shelter.
- B. 30-minute rule. Once play has been suspended, wait at least 30 minutes after the last flash of lightning is witnessed or thunder is heard prior to resuming play.
- Stadium Lightning Rules (DPS)